For more information, including:
- What sorts of personal information we ask for
- Why we ask for personal information
- How we collect personal information
- Who we provide your personal information to
- How we may use your personal information to market products to you
- How you can access your personal information
- How we maintain the accuracy of your personal information
- How we maintain the security of your personal information
- How you can contact us
What sorts of personal information do we ask for?
- We will only ask for personal information relevant to our business relationship with you. So, when you apply for one of our products or services we may ask for:
- information that identifies you, like: – your name, address, and other contact details
- When we conduct market research, we may also ask you for your opinion about products, services or staff. We treat these opinions as personal information.
- The Privacy Act places restrictions on collecting sensitive personal information about you (this includes information about your religious views, ethnicity, political opinions, criminal records, personal health information or sexual preferences). Generally, we won’t collect this sort of information. However, we may collect some sensitive information if:
- we need it to provide you with a specific product or service (for example certain insurance products) or
- you are applying for a job with us and you have provided your consent for us to do so.
Why do we ask for personal information?
- We will tell you the main reason for asking for your personal information when we seek it from you.
- The main reason will usually be to provide you with a product or service you want. We may use the information to:
- check whether you are eligible for the product or service
- provide you with the product or service
- help manage the product or service, for instance:
- when you make a query about it
- when we want to contact you about changes to it.
- We may use personal information for other reasons, including:
- telling you about products or services that we think may interest you (unless you tell us not to – which you can do at any time)
- preventing fraud and other criminal activity in relation to your accounts
- helping us to run our business. This will include using information for:
- training our staff
- accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing
- developing new products and services
- undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis.
How do we collect personal information?
- If it’s reasonable and practical to do so, we collect personal information directly from you. We may do this through application forms, over the telephone, the internet, or in person when you visit our branches.
- So that we can better tailor information and products to your needs, when we send you email messages, we may use technology to identify you so that we can know when you have opened the email or clicked on a particular link in the email.
- If you log on as a Registered user, we will collect information from you to confirm your identity.
- When you ring us, we may also monitor and/or record telephone calls for the purposes of staff training and to verify statements made during the phone call.
Do we provide your personal information to others?
Asbestos Audits International will never give, lend or sell your information to another party.
How we may use your personal information to market products to you?
We may use your personal information to offer you products and services we believe may interest you, but we will not do so if you tell us not to.
We won’t sell your personal information to organizations outside the Asbestos Audits International group. We will exchange your personal information between companies within the Asbestos Audits International Group so they can market their products and services to you.
The Asbestos Audits International Group will only offer you products or services, where we reasonably believe that they could be of interest or benefit to you.
If you don’t want to receive marketing offers from the Asbestos Audits International Group, please tell us. You can tell us if we contact you by phone or at any time by calling 1300 783923, by writing to us at PO Box 1474, Capalaba DC Qld 4157, Australia, or by visiting any of our branches. We will act promptly on your request. We will also ensure each electronic message we send (e.g. by e-mail,) includes a method that enables you to tell us you do not want to receive future electronic marketing material.
How you can access your personal information
You can update your personal information by logging on as a Register user.
You can also ask for any corrections to be made.
You can request access to your personal information by visiting any of our branches or contacting us by telephone on 1300 783923.
How we maintain the accuracy of your personal information
Do we keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date?
We maintain the quality of your personal information by taking reasonable steps to make sure that the information collected, used and disclosed is accurate, complete and upto date.
We encourage you to help us by telling us immediately if you change your contact details (such as your phone number or address).
You can contact us to change your details by telephoning us on 1300 783923, by logging into the site as Registered User, or alternatively, visiting any of our branches.
How we maintain the security of your personal information
We will use up-to-date techniques and processes, to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The only people who are allowed to handle or have access to your personal information are those employees of the Asbestos Audits International Group and those who perform services for us who need your personal information to do their jobs. All employees of the Asbestos Audits International Group are bound both by the Asbestos Audits International Code of Conduct and by confidentiality clauses in their employment agreements to not misuse your personal information. Those who perform services on our behalf are also bound by privacy and confidentiality agreements.
We also require you to help us by complying with the security measures designed to protect your personal identification numbers and passwords. These are set out in the terms and conditions of your account. You may be able to limit your liability for unauthorised use of your account if you observe these requirements.
If we no longer require your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy it in a secure manner or remove identifying features from it. This is subject to any legal obligations we have to keep information for a certain period of time.
How you can contact us
You can contact us by:
Phone: 1300 783 923
Fax: 1300 786 986
Post: ASBESTOS AUDITS INTERNATIONAL PTYLTD
PO Box 1474, Capalaba DC Qld 4157, Australia
If you would like to contact us about this policy or our products and services, phone us on (1300 783 923) For more information about our commitment to securing your personal information, read about our Internet Privacy
By accessing and viewing this website you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of this website.
To view the attached PDF file you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 4.0 and above. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat Reader download it here. To convert a PDF file to ASCI or HTML format, use Adobe's online PDF conversion tools. Acrobat and the Acrobat logo are trade marks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Information is current as at January 2012. Asbestos Audits International ABN 15 078 068 470 Copyright © 2012 ASBESTOS AUDITS INTERNATIONAL ABN 15 078 068 470
At Asbestos Audits International, we are passionate about helping you achieve your legislative and reporting requirements. Our commitment to you involves the service you can expect, how we get things fixed, the different ways you can access our services, the products we provide and how we operate in a responsible and ethical manner.
It's all part of our determination to deliver “Ask Once” 100% of the time.
Our “Ask Once” 100% commitment
Our commitments show how we are focused on getting the important things right.
We ask our customers to tell us how well we're doing on service. Over the last year they've told us what they really want from a service provider:
- "Be available for me"
- “Be flexible”
- "Don't make me wait"
- "Value Me"
- "Don't give me the run around"
- "Solve issues quickly and fairly"
Our objective is to build on what we are already doing and exceed our goals for what you've told us are the important things. That's our “Ask Once” 100% commitment.
We're committed to protecting your privacy whether you do business with us online or in person.
We recognise that feedback is the key to improving our products and services. Contact our office to pay a compliment or make a suggestion or complaint 8.30am to 5pm (EST time) Monday to Friday.
Help us improve our service to you. If you'd like to pay us a compliment or are dissatisfied with any aspect of the service you have received, please let us know.
Whether you have a complaint or a comment, our aim is to ensure things get fixed quickly and fairly.
Making a formal complaint
We recognise that sometimes things don't go as well as they should. If you have a complaint, let us know so we can fix the problem. We will investigate the complaint, answer your questions and do all we can to regain your confidence.
We expect that our frontline staff, managers or Customer Relations team will completely resolve the issues you raise. If however, despite our best efforts, you believe your complaint has not been satisfactorily dealt with, you may wish to contact our General Manager.
Except to the extent required by law, you agree that Asbestos Audits International Pty Ltd, its related corporations and their directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, service providers, successors or assigns will not be liable for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses whatsoever arising out of, or in any way related to, the use of this site or any site linked to it. This limitation applies to all direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses you or others may suffer, including for loss of profits, business interruption or loss or corruption of data or information.
If we provide any goods or services via this site and are in breach of a condition or warranty which is implied by law and cannot be excluded, our liability (and that of the other persons listed above) is limited, to the maximum extent possible, to one of the following at our option:
- the supply of goods or services again;
- the repair of goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied again or repaired.
Variations to terms and conditions
These are the current terms and conditions. We may at any time vary these terms and conditions by posting the varied terms and conditions on this site. You agree that this provides you with sufficient notice of the variation. If any variations are made that will adversely affect you, we will try to give you as much prior notice as possible. However, all variations are effective from the time of posting unless stated otherwise.
We understand that when accessing our website or interacting with us online, the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is important to our customers. That's why we are committed to safeguarding the personal details you provide us.
The following explains what information we gather from you when you go to our website, how we use that information and how you can contact us for more information.
The information we collect
Each time someone visits our site, our web server collects the following types of information:
- The number of users who visit
- The date and time of visits
- The number of pages viewed
- How users navigate through the site
No attempts are made to identify anyone browsing our site. The data is captured so that we can accurately evaluate the quality of our content and make improvements for you.
How we use your information
The type of information we collect from you will depend on what online services you use. Details can be found in the terms and conditions of our products and services.
When applying for our products or services online we may request personal information such as your name and address, email address and contact phone numbers. We also tell you how we use the personal information we collect and how you can access it.
We guarantee not to give, lend or sell you information to any other party.
We may also use your email address to send regular communications about our services or legislation requirements and updates.
Permission to contact you
You can choose not to receive further emails from us by withdrawing your consent. To do this, sign in as a Registered User (so that we can identify you), then go to the Unsubscribe option in your Personal Setup and de-select the box that asks for your permission to contact you.
Securing your information
When we capture your personal information it is passed through our secure server using 128 bit encryption technology which scrambles the information to ensure it is protected over the Internet.
Stored information about you is further protected from unauthorised access through the use of multiple firewalls*, secure passwords and sign in processes.
All payments will be made in Australian Dollars only. All payments are to be made using PayPal All payments will be secured by 128 bit encryption technology
All costs and quotes given are inclusive of delivery costs Delivery shall be way of Australian Post addressed to the address provided in your order Delivery dispatch shall be made within 24 hours of verification of payment Customers should allow 7 days for delivery within Australia and 21 days for deliveries outside Australia
If you feel that we have not lived up to our online privacy commitments or you have any queries relating to our policies, please email us. Our objective is to respond within our service standard of five working days.
Asbestos Audits International Pty Ltd
PO Box 1474
Capalaba DC Qld 4157
As we plan to keep our statement on privacy current, this information can be subject to change. Please return periodically to review the latest on Internet privacy.